The word luxury is thrown around loosely. In a quest to stand out or upstage the other, we brand our products or services as being "luxurious".
Luxury as defined by oxford dictionary is the state of great comfort and extravagant living. Expensive doesn't always mean luxury & likewise not all luxury is expensive.
To some luxury is a necessity. What is luxury to one might be just and everyday basic essential to another. Safe to say Luxury can be subjective.
Below is a list of some of the most expensive luxurious items across the world.
- MOST EXPENSIVE PRIVATE JETS: Currently the custom Airbus A380 owned by Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal is the priciest air machine with a price tag of $500 million. The jet which is dubbed “Kingdom in the sky” boasts of a huge garage for his luxurious fleet of cars, a prayer room with electronic mats which automatically rotate to face Mecca, aa concert hall, Turkish bath and much more. Coming closely after is the “Bourkhan” Airbus A340 owned by Alisher Usmanov costing between $350 - $450 million. And third priciest is the Boeing 747-430 owned by Sultan of Brunei with a price tag of $233 million. With an all gold plated and crystal everything from the bathroom, bedroom, Livingroom and cutleries, the Sultan of Brunei definitely knows how to do it big.
- MOST EXPENSIVE YACHTS: Azzam, the largest private yacht in the world at 591 feet in length belongs to Khalifa bin Sultan Zayed Al Nahyan and cost a whooping $627 million. The fleet boasts of a gym, spa, garage, beauty room and other amenities. Eclipse the 2nd largest private yacht in the world owned by Roman Abramovich and costing $485 million. The 536 feet long Yacht is a sea machine and boasts of 18 staterooms and a master can accommodate up to 36 guests and 70 crew members, her amenities are endless. Serene with a price tag of $330 million belongs to Russian businessman Yury Shefler and boasts of a 50-foot pool, and onboard helicopter and a submarine built for 2. Dubai, the 531 feet long vessel belonging to Mohammed bin Rashad Al Maktoum is the third largest yacht in the world with a price tag of $300 million. Coming in closely is the 361-foot yacht Radiant owned by Abdulla Al Futtaim cost $286 million. Can accommodate up to 20 guests in 10 cabins and 44 crew members. Amenities include At anchor Stabilizers, Jacuzzi (on deck), Lift (Elevator), Helicopter Landing Pad, Beach Club, Tender Garage, Swimming Platform, Air Conditioning, Gym, Swimming Pool, Movie Theatre. Dilbar owned by the Russian business magnate Alisher Usmanov costs a whooping $263 million. She can accommodate up to 20 guests and 40 crew members.
- MOST EXPENSIVE CARS: The Maybach Exelero which costs a whooping $8 million boasts of 700-hp, twin-turbo V12 and other luxurious amenities justifying the price tag. Other pricey automobiles include2015 Ferrari LaFerrari. With a price tag of $1.4 million plus, this power machine includes 6.3L V-12 788hp engine, 7-speed auto-shift manual transmission with overdrive, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS), airbag occupancy sensor, automatic air conditioning, 19" forged aluminum wheels, EF1-Trac ABS and driveline traction control, electronic stability, power mirrors, power windows, power locks. Coming in 2nd is 2015 porsche 918 spyder going for $929,000 boasting a 4.6L V-8 608hp engine, 7-speed auto-shift manual transmission with overdrive, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS), integrated navigation system, side seat mounted airbags, curtain 1st row overhead airbag, driver and passenger knee airbag, airbag occupancy sensor, 20" magnesium wheels, cruise control, ABS and driveline traction control, all-wheel drive.
- MOST EXPENSIVE PHONE: The falcon supernova pink diamond iphone 6 has a hefty price tag of $95.5 million. Features and 18 karat gold casing and a huge pink diamond on the back. Other pricey phones include the Goldvish Le Million with graded diamonds and 18 karat white gold going for $1.3 million , the Gresso Luxor Las Vegas Jackpot made with American Blackwood from 200 years ago costing $1 million & the Vertu signature cobra costing $310,000
- MOST EXPENSIVE CHAMPAGNE: Gout de Diamants, the french luxury champagne costing a whooping £1.2 million per bottle hold the place for the most expensive luxury champagne thus far. The bottle alone features and 18-carat white gold logo plate with a 19-carat diamond at the centre, while the contents contains Pinot Meaner, Grand Cru Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The next most expensive is the Moet & ChandonDom Perignon Charles and Diana 1961. Chosen as the official champagne for their wedding. A Limited bottle of this vintage brut goes for over $4000.
MOST EXPENSIVE BAGS: Handbags, clutches, totes, purse whatever name or style you want to call them, this female accessories are a statement piece. The most expensive according to Guinness book of world records is the Mouawad’s 1001 Nights Diamond Purse going for $3.8 million. Featuring thousands of diamonds including yellow and pink diamond, and taking 10 professionals close to 9000 hours to complete, this bag is fashioned from 18k gold. Coming in joint 2nd is the Rose gold and diamond crocodile Birkin (with only 3 ever made, the bag features over a thousand diamonds and is a part of the brands haute bijouterie collection) & the Diamond Birkin by Ganza Tanaka (A truly exceptional creation with the iconic Japanese designer. The bag has detachable wearables. The pear shaped centrepiece diamond can be removed and worn as a brooch, likewise the sling which can be removed and worn as a bracelet or necklace.) Both going for $1.9 million.
MOST EXPENSIVE HOTEL ROOM: The royal penthouse suite at Hotel President Wilson Geneva still holds the title. Going for a whooping $83,200 a night, the suite comes with its own dedicated security team, personal concierge & chef. There are 12 bedrooms & bathrooms, and you get a panoramic view of Lake Geneva and the Swiss Alps. Coming in a close second is the Shahi Mahal suite at Raj Palace Hotel India which goes for $60,000 a night. For that price you get 6 bedrooms, private theatre, an astrology room, a library and private kitchen staff.
- MOST EXPENSIVE DESSERT: For those with sweet tooth and willing to splash on their craving, the frrrozen haute chocolate at Serendipity 3 in New York is worth a shot. Going for $25,000 a pop and comes with a gold spoon and bracelet for keeps. Made with traditional chocolate and five grams of edible 24-carat gold.
- MOST EXPENSIVE MASSAGE: The diamond massage is said to be anti-aging and give you youthful skin. The diamonds are grounded into powder form and applied to the skin for detoxification. This massage will set you back $100,000.
- MOST EXPENSIVE TOILET PAPER: the 3ply toilet paper produced using 24 karat gold flakes has a price tag of $1.3 million. With only one ever produced in the world, the tissue paper comes with a complimentary bottle of champagne.
***Images do not belong to Koshila concierge unless where expressly stated. Credit to the owners, kindly contact us to take down.